The winners of the 2017 U.S. Open Beer Championship were announced Monday morning, with Revelry Brewing, Birds Fly South Ale Project and Tradesman Brewing all picking up new hardware.
More than 6,000 beers entered in 100+ different styles were entered into the annual competition, which features both professional breweries and homebrewers. Revelry and Tradesman won medals at the 2016 competition, and
In addition to their new medals, Revelry was also recognized as one of the top 10 breweries in the competition, landing at the No. 9 spot. In total, the three breweries won six medals in the following categories:
- French/Belgian Ale – Revelry Lazy Lover (Gold)
- Belgian Tripel – Tradesman Monk With Us (Tie for Gold)
- Sour/Belgian Lambic – Red 5 Standing By (Gold)
- American Amber/California Common – Tradesman Boatwright (Tie for Gold)
- Vegetable Beer – Birds Fly South Rhubarb Gose (Bronze)
- Aged Beer – Revelry Quadtum Leap (Silver)
Revelry and Tradesman won medals at the 2016 competition, and this is the first win for Birds Fly South.