The annual Charleston Beer Week returns to the Holy City for its third annual celebration of craft beer Sept. 13-19, 2015.
Our first attempt at Episode 2 of DPR hit some big technical snags, so we got together again to give it another shot. The second time turned out to be a charm, and we didn’t screw it up (more than we usually do)!
In this episode:
– The great outpouring of support from the SC beer community and more to the Charleston church shooting a couple of weeks ago.
– Is there a breaking point coming up for Charleston’s craft beer boom?
– Cam is named one of Columbia’s up-and-comers in the Free Times Power Issue, and Nick’s up for Best Local Tweeter in the Best of Columbia poll.
– Nick gives a quick rundown of his vacation/drinking in England and Ireland.
– We hit some SC beer news from the likes of Oak Road, Westbrook, River Rat, RJ Rockers.
– In Can You Dig It?, the guys try some brews from Victory, Prairie and Terrapin.
We’ll be back with a new episode in a couple of weeks once Cam gets back from the West Coast. Cheers!
Next Friday, June 19, RJ Rockers will host a release event for the next in its barrel-aged series: Whiskey BA Good Boy Stout.
The first episode of Drink. Pod. Repeat. is now live! We’re still getting used to this whole podcasting thing, so pardon the delay in getting it online, but it’s up for your listening (dis)pleasure!
In our first episode – recorded live at Craft and Draft – we discuss how the podcast came to be, the anniversary of some South Carolina beer laws (and how SC laws compare with other states), the Wu-Tang beer, some miscellaneous national craft beer news and we power our way through the “You Bring It, We Drink It” portion of our how. Enjoy!
This September, River Rat will host 60 breweries from across the state and country at its first ColaTown Oktoberfest, featuring more than 100 beers including a new release from the Columbia brewery.
Greenville’s Brewery 85 is getting ready to release a new sessionable IPA just in time for the South Carolina summer heat to kick in.
A few weeks ago in a brewery not that far away, Columbia’s River Rat and Charleston’s Holy City got together to celebrate the annual Star Wars Day by collaborating on a new beer scheduled for release next Friday, June 5.